On December 29, 1948, Robert C.F. Ho and his father- in-law, Don Ambrosio A. Magsaysay established A. Magsaysay, Incorporated.
The destruction of the Philippines during the second world war brought about great opportunity to become involved in the post war reconstruction of the country and Magsaysay set out enthusiastically to make its contribution in shipping which was a prerequisite for national recovery.
Throughout the early 1950s, Robert C.F. Ho, together with his brother-in-law, Miguel A. Magsaysay worked actively in the Filipino Shipowners Association to draft and promote the approval of the Philippine Shipping Act of 1955. The legislation remains to this day the foundation of Philippine overseas shipping.
This act gave the needed impetus to organize a new liner company to service the Philippine-Japan-U.S. trade route to compete with the traditional liner companies serving the country at that time.
Magsaysay invited other Filipino shipowners to form a consortium and the dream came true with the establishment of the United Philippine Lines(U.P.L.) in 1958.
Out of 18 vessels ordered by various Filipino shipowners, 7 new buildings were commissioned by U.P.L.
Another 2 vessels, the M.V. Transocean Merchant and the M.V. Transocean Shipper were ordered by Magsaysay Lines, Inc. for its own account.
This new buildings set the stage for a new and modern Philippine shipping industry.